As a government site says, safe, affordable and dependable transport is needed by UK society and the economy. Rail, road, air and water transport should be efficient, safe and reduce greenhouse gas and other emissions.
In ‘Another World’, government would be working to realise these aspirations.
- bringing the railways back under public control as riil franchises expire,
- investing in R&D for zero-pollution cars,
- progressively banning the more polluting vehicles,
- taking freight off the roads,
- containing and controlling aviation pollution,